Here are some tips on how to keep your marriage strong after 20 years:
1. Communicate Effectively: Communication is key in any relationship, and it becomes even more important as time goes by. Take time to talk, listen and understand each other’s feelings, needs and wants. Share your goals and aspirations with each other; discuss plans about your future together.
2. Date Nights: Plan regular date nights where you can spend quality time together without any distractions from work or family responsibilities.
3. Spice things up: Try new things together; take a salsa or cooking class together, go zip-lining or bungee jumping – whatever interests both of you.
4. Show appreciation: Express gratitude towards each other for everything – big or small – that either one does for the other.
5. Laugh Together: Laughter is the best medicine! Watch comedies together or reminisce about old times which bring a smile on both your faces.
6. Support Each Other’s Interests: Encourage each other’s passions and interests; attend events/concerts/shows that interest one another or participate in hobbies like gardening or fishing.
7. Offer Help & Assistance: Support each other during difficult times – listen when they need someone to listen, offer solutions when they get stuck with something tricky, lend an empathetic ear when things don’t seem right at work etc.
8. Trust & Honesty: Trust forms the foundation for every healthy relationship. Be honest with each other, even when it’s hard. Trust your partner and be trustworthy yourself.
9. Resolving Conflicts: Instead of getting into arguments, work together to resolve conflicts – negotiate a middle ground where both feel heard and valued.
Marriage is a journey filled with ups and downs. When two people have spent 20 years building their life together, there are bound to be moments that test them. However, if both are committed to making things work, any obstacle can be overcome by using the tips mentioned above.
In summary, never take your partner for granted and always remember the reasons why you fell in love with him/her in the first place. It’s important to work towards strengthening your relationship every day – not just on special occasions like anniversaries or Valentine’s Day. Be patient & flexible in building strong foundations of love & happiness!
LaLa Anthony Describes Rising From Nothing, Keeping Marriage Strong & New Book “The Power Playbook”
There are many things to love about La La Anthony, first bursting onto the scene as a popular TV/Radio personality she has since built her own empire, adding actress and New York Times bestselling author to her already impressive resume. Joining the show to discuss the newly released “The Power Playbook,” she described her rise to fame and how …